Thursday 8 September 2016

Starting afresh

This has been weighing on my mind for a long time, so lets just press the refresh button and start again.

Covent Garden | London


Whats the first thing you do when something is not working at its best? Easy, you turn it off and turn it back on, or ‘restart’. That is exactly what I hope to do with this blog. For such a long time I really hated this blog, hated its name, and hated what I talked about, hated the design, the list was endless. I felt as though I had pigeonholed myself (I know ridiculous) into blogging about such a small range of topics that I didn’t want to talk about so I decided to not blog at all. I touched on this in this post but had hoped that by simply ‘refreshing’ some of the pages on my blog, I would fall back in love. 

Despite all of this, I felt as though I could only blog about ‘beauty’ and ‘hauls’, but really my most read posts happened to be recipes, days out, and chatty posts. I also lusted about writing on topics relating to the international. Something I had spent four years of my life studying intensively, and now wishing to share what I know and facilitate debates. Despite this, I felt as though I simply couldn’t, ‘stephjayne’ was not that kind of blog, I had created it for a different purpose and it just felt stale, old and outdated. 

Covent Garden | London

As I type this I realise just how stupid this is, but by changing my blogs name to ‘Through Steph’s Eyes’ I feel like I have unchained myself from a prison that I had created, and can now blog in a much freer and real way. I think this change in opinion has resulted of me growing up. The blogs I read these days have a much wider topic span that simply the latest lipstick launch, they talk about lipsticks but also openly and explicitly on sex, relationships, money, the world. So why on earth can’t this be me?

So here I am, typing frantically for the first time in AGES on this blog, and genuinely excited at the restart. One day I may be writing about the nicest restaurant I visited, the next on an issue about world politics. Thats just me, and this blog shall be a reflection of just that, me. The mosaic of topics that make up who I am. As I grow, I hope this blog will reflexively change as I do. And maybe, just maybe, some of you will come along on this crazy adventure through my life.


Thanks for all of your love and support, and hope to see you for my next post.
post signature

Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment