Tuesday 2 August 2016

My opinion on Revlon's Ultra HD Matte Lip Colours

Unless you live under a rock (like me 90% of the time) liquid lipsticks, especially of the matte variety, have become big money makers for the beauty industry. And why wouldn’t they? They promise easy application, long lasting finish, in a variety of colours, from nudes to purples. However, many of said matte lipsticks are unbelievably expensive, which is just a no-no if you are a poor student like me, or impossible to get hold of (I’m looking at you NYX, not being stocked in Cambridge, the shame!).

I have never been one to truly experiment with lip colours. I used to think a pink tinted lipsil was ‘out there’. Give me a nude for the day (if you’re lucky) and a red for evenings out, and I am sorted. Although I did venture into the dizzying heights of plum this autumn (check me out haha). So to say liquid lipsticks appealed to me would be an understatement. Due to the aforementioned problems with buying liquid lipsticks, I was drawn to Revlon’s serving of this mass beauty craze, and with boots running a 3 for 2 offer, I just couldn’t resist going in blind and buying three different shades. Since I purchased mine about a month ago, countless beauty bloggers and youtubers have offered their opinion, but I figured I may as well put my five cents worth in.




Revlon offers their Ultra HD Matte Lip Colours, and breathe, in seven different colours. I bought the nude ‘Seduction’, the pinky-orange toned one ‘Flirtation’, and the orangey-red ‘Love’. The frequency I have worn them in goes in that order.

The formulation of these liquid lipsticks is beautiful, nice and creamy and does not dry out your lips, whilst giving a sleek matte finish. So if you have dry lips, like me, these are perfectly wearable without them crisping up and disappearing altogether. If you are worried about your lips drying out, you can definitely wear lipsil underneath and it will not effect the finish of the lip colour. Also the pigmentation is stunning, instantly covering the lips with a vibrant display of colour with only one layer. These liquid lipstick’s stay on the lips all day and do not budge. Trust me on this one, I have eaten burgers, sandwiches, drank coffees and cocktails and the only thing that happens is a small amount of residue is transferred to the food and/or cups. This being said, I did wear Love one ‘clubbing’ night out, and it passed the kiss test, also staying on until the dizzying hours of 3am unlike my shoes. Also, if you do have to reapply, as they are not drying, reapplication is fine and seemingly adds more moisture on top of your lips.

Seduction is perfect for everyday, it is a browny-nude and flatters even light skin tones like mine. Flirtation was my ‘take a risk colour’ and I absolutely love it. It is perfect for those summery days, that are few and far between in this country, when you have beachy-curls in your hair and are wearing a killer summer dress. Love has fast become my go to night out red. Need I say more?

However, the only downside I have found to these liquid lipsticks is I find the application to be quite difficult. Due to the applicator, attempting to get a crisp line around the lips is very difficult. I have put lip liners under the liquid lipsticks, especially under Seduction and this has helped me achieve a crisp outline. If you are much better at applying lip colour, you may not find this is a problem to you, hell you may even be screaming at your computer “are you incompetent these are easy to apply”.


All this being said, I feel like I’m a changed women. I wear something on my lips most days, and now wouldn’t dream of being without a lip colour. So if you are like me, a complete novice when it comes to lipsticks in any variety, I would highly recommend giving these a go. You can be super lazy, as reapplication is not something you have to worry about, and they give a beautiful finish for a product under £10.

So have you tried these Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colours, if so what is your opinion? have you got on with these? and how do you feel they compare to the higher end products?

Thanks again for all your support, I am back and better than ever.

post signature

Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment