Friday 17 February 2017

My go-to neutral lipsticks

There is nothing better than a classic neutral lip, and I doubt anyone will say otherwise. It's timeless and doesn't spill down your face or rub off leaving you with what looks like the remnants of red wine all over your lips. So in this post, I let you into my two favourites. One that is more pink toned, the other more peach. So if that is your kind of thing, keep on reading.
When something 'ain't broke, why fix it right? Well, it seems to me in this fast paced world where everything happens at a million miles per hour the beauty industry is quite simply trying to reinvent the wheel and be six months ahead of the latest trend, whatever that may be. And lip colourations have been no exception. In the past twelve months alone we have seen lip stains, liquid lipsticks, those benefit lipsticks with the liner on the end, and all manner of other things. But you know what, as partial as I am to liquid lipsticks, read my post here, women have been doing absolutely fine with lipsticks and lipliners for as long as the beauty industry has been around. 

Now I'm not saying that we shouldn't ever embrace these changes, I'm just saying we all have those go-to products that will never fail us. They aren't the most cutting edge, and they look a bit battered around the edges, but you know what, we love them and wouldn't ever dream to have a makeup collection without them. And I am pretty sure when you are thinking of your go to fail safe products, a natural lip colour is in there, am I right?
Well for me my everyday fallback has to be Kate Moss's No3. It is the 'my lips but better' lipstick for me, and in my older age, I have been pairing it with a lip liner. I do believe my true transition into being an adult who wears makeup happened when I finally bought lipliners. A few years ago I simply didn't see the point. Oh baby Steph, little do you know it actually makes your lips look better and makes your lipstick last longer. My favourite lipliner to use with this combination is Collection's Lip definer in Nude Pink. Bonus points, it is a twisty one so you don't have to sharpen it!
When I am feeling much bolder (hahaha its still on the nude spectrum) I just love the Kate Moss No5. Yes, Kate Moss's range again, but to be honest if you have tried it you will know it is easily comparable to a more higher end lipstick. They all just glide on and stay put, what more do you need to ask for. The lipliner I pair with this lipstick is Rimmel London's Lasting Finish in shade X. This combination I feel is so perfect for spring as it is that little bit brighter. And I think I can feel spring right around the corner.
So there it is, my go-to fail safe neutral lip combinations. Can be worn with or without the lipliners. I always feel a knot in my stomach everytime I post anything beauty on here as I am by no means an expert, but today I figured, why not? This is my space on the internet after all, but please be kind.
What are your fall safe lip combinations? Have you tried any products I have mentioned? Thanks for reading as always, if anyone is, I wish I could give you a cuddle but for geographical and safety reasons I fear this is not possible.
Steph

0 comments:

Post a Comment