Friday 27 January 2017

23 things I have realised before my 23rd birthday

Today I turn 23, which is pretty terrifying not gonna lie. Google has a birthday signature on, and my twitter is covered in balloons. Even my boss treated me to brunch (#lifegoals) but in my head, I'm only 21 but I guess its time for my head to catch up. So I have compiled a list of 23 things I have realised in the past 366 days.

Rockafeller Center Spring 2015


ONE: Being 22 is pretty much nothing like the Taylor Swift song, in fact, its involves more stress about life, career, politics, food, exercise, did I mention life yet?
TWO: Summer holidays away aren’t a quick fix for months/years of stress
THREE: Spending money is okay especially when it's on investment pieces and skincare
FOUR: Not having your life together in your twenties is okay, and perfectly normal
FIVE: There is no real winner in any argument with your boyfriend
SIX: Sat Navs are not always right, in fact, they are very rarely even close to that
SEVEN: Driving is not scary and the more miles you do the more confident you will feel
EIGHT: Not everyone has to, or will, like you
NINE: Friends who are flaky are rarely worth your time
TEN: The tone of emails are always misunderstood
ELEVEN: Phone calls are absolutely fine and not to be feared
TWELVE: Mental health should be a priority over everything else
THIRTEEN: Standing up for yourself is so important, your voice exists for a reason so use it
FOURTEEN: But equally, some people won't see your point of view, and that's also okay
FIFTEEN: Excel, when used right, is perfect for pretty much any mathematical dilemma
SIXTEEN: Going out for a day trip on your own is perfectly okay, and very rewardable
SEVENTEEN: It's okay to cry over nothing, and sometimes a lot
EIGHTEEN: Not everyone in your life sticks around
NINETEEN: Not everyone in your life should stick around
TWENTY: Your value is not equal to the size of your friendship circle
TWENTY-ONE: Networking is important and will help you advance personally and professionally
TWENTY-TWO: Putting yourself out there is one of the most rewarding things
TWENTY-THREE: I’m ONLY 23 with no real responsibilities and a lot of life in front of me and that's pretty fucking awesome

Love you'll, and here's to being 23, I'm gonna make it the best year yet!

Steph

0 comments:

Post a Comment