Thursday 22 December 2016

Winter essentials

Well it's official, everyone is packing up their work for Christmas, and (apparently) there is a storm on the way here in the UK, and it was -1 this morning, so I see absolutely no reason why we should leave the house. So its time to pull out those cosy clothes and sit back and enjoy the rest of the festive period. So I have compiled a list of my absolute winter essentials for you to have a read of. Odds are you have most of this stuff crammed in a drawer somewhere, so hopefully this will refresh your memory.

I don’t know about you but the one thing that I can’t stand about winter is how cold and wet everything gets, so you may notice a theme below. As soon as the temperature dips, or its that dreaded time of the month (need I say more) I grab for the nearest heat-generating item. Now I have loads of these including the ones that have beads inside and you put in the microwave, or teddy bears with bits that you take out to heat up which smell of lavender. Honestly, they were a lifesaver when I was rushed into hospital with appendicitis. Who says a 20 year old can’t arrive in a hospital with a soft teddy bear - not this girl thats for sure. But I digress…. If you are a uni student, or just a human, a hot water bottle type this is just such an essential. Mine pictured is one from Tesco and I don’t think it cost me more that a few quid (yes I know). It appears this time of year due to its patterned sleeve (which I have no doubt is very obvious to you). So grab your hot water bottle and keep it tight this winter, think of those savings on the heating!

Now I am not the first blogger, nor human being to talk about the modest woolly jumper, but I couldn’t well omit it from my list now could I? I have about five woolly jumpers, none of them are expensive as I find that no matter how good care I take of them, they pluck on doors and loose their shape so easily, it often feels like I’m fighting a loosing battle. The one pictured was £10 in Primark this year, and I also have it in a maroon colour. To be honest with you, most of my woolly jumpers come from Primark and they have served me well. After all who doesn’t like Primark ey?!


I am a massive sufferer from dry skin / eczema and it just gets so aggravated this time of year. The worst places for me are my hands and ears, so I have to be so careful with my skincare and shampoo (yay for Boots dermatologically tested moisturiser and Dove shampoo). This is precautions I take all year round, but at winter I need some pretty heavy duty stuff. Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream fragrance free of course, is my go-to for night time care. I know a lot of people use it as lip save, personally I would never spend that much on an item for that use alone. But I tend to put it anywhere where my skin is especially cracked (ie hands) at night only. Its too much for the day time. I use such a small amount at a time and it still does the job, it may last me the rest of my life!

My final two winter essentials are things you will definitely have in your house. A comfy dressing gown and soft bed socks. I feel like bed socks are like marmite - you either love them or hate them - but when you are lounging around home, what better than some fluffy bed socks to keep you warm. Mine are from Primark (I’m noticing a theme) and they are perfect. Similarly, a dressing gown is such an essential, this one has cute ears on the hood and is from Dorothy Perkins. Whats better than a dressing gown, a dressing gown with ears of course. BONUS it looks funny when Stephen wears its, so even better.


I hope you are having an amazing festive period, not long now until work is done - We can get there! Please leave a comment with your winter essentials, I absolutely love every comment I get.

Steph

0 comments:

Post a Comment