Sunday 18 December 2016

Two essential red lipsticks

IT'S (almost) CHRISTMAS! So that means one thing, red lipstick, right?



Okay, lip colour is not the most important thing at Christmas, it probably doesn't even rank in the top 20 things to get ready of Christmas. But, although this year I have got into lip colours more, my go-to has always been a vibrant red.

I bought a £2 one years ago, and whenever I went out I would chuck it on and go. I got a lot of compliments about it as well, and it was only the Natural Collection one which stayed all night long and was a perfect red, but it doesn't appear that they sell it anymore, sad times. But I have two ones that I constantly reach for, especially at this time of the year, so I thought I would let you all know and remind myself in case (god forbid) I lose them, or they run out.


( L: Clinique Pop | R: Revlon Ultra Matte HD ) ( Me wearing Revlon, Love )

The first one I want to talk about is the Clinique Pop Lip Colour and Primer in Passion Pop (£16.00). This one is the sample size, it came in a magazine a while ago, but I fully intend to re-purchase. The sample is going down slowly so the real size will last forever I would imagine. It is a demi-matte and it is exactly as I would describe it. It has the longevity of a matte lipstick, but when it catches the light it makes your lips look luscious and healthy. I use this lipstick for evenings out, it tends to last that long and its got a pinky undertone which really works with a smoky eye and cat eye eyeliner. I don't believe in the 'unwritten rule' of either lips or eyes, both is better and we all know it.

And the second one I absolutely love is the Revlon Ultra Matte HD Lip Colour in Love (£8.99). These have made the round in the blogging world in a big way already, but I cannot describe just how beautiful this red colour is. With a lipgloss style applicator you can create a very sharp line on your lips. Its a true red and doesn't budge. I can but this on at 9am and it will still be hanging round in the evening without being dry and cracking my lips.

So there it is, my modest two options for red lip colours. Now I have written this post I feel very Christmassy, so I hope you do to. And, I honestly believe that you can never go wrong with a red lipstick. It can instantly upgrade even the simplest make up looks.

Will you be rocking a red lip this Christmas, if so what one? I am always on the hunt for new red lipsticks!

Steph

0 comments:

Post a Comment