Tuesday 6 December 2016

So, are you doing blogmas?

Let's kick off the first of my seasonal posts with a bang - a post about my inner thoughts of course! (haha)




The Christmas countdown is clearly in full swing, everything is covered in twinkly lights, the shops are crazy busy, and even the weather is cold and crisp. After my failed attempt last year, it would seem plausible for me to have announced five days ago that I was in-fact embarking on completing some degree of increased regular and structured Christmas blogging, affectionately known as blogmas. Although I had planned to do so, and worked out some post ideas, I suddenly lost interest. The first of December came and went and I had absolutely no photo inspiration. The thought of it filled me with dread. What if I failed again? Was I just setting myself up to fail? Is there really any point? Would anyone bother to read it anyway?

I truly respect any blogger out there who decides to do blogmas, because let's be honest, it is really bloody hard. Trying to daily or bi-daily blog when I already have a million things to do, at work, at home, when would I ever have time to sleep?

And thats when I realised, blogging should only ever be fun, and if it is simply not fun then it really isn’t worth doing. Thats when I reached a compromise, I will increase my number of posts, but on a more ad hoc basis. You may get 3 posts in a row, but you may also not get a post for 4 days. Its that flexibility which I believe will see me through this month blogging-wise.

My aim with the upcoming weeks is to spread some holiday cheer, I know how it feels to dread Christmas due to a variety of reasons, but I also know how amazing the blogging community is at bringing me out of even the worst of moods. I hope to write and upload, gulp, at least 10 posts between now and the 25th, including everything from recipes, gift ideas, musings about long distance relationships and mental health, and just lots of red, white and green.

So as the weather gets colder, the nights get darker, grab a hot chocolate and join me on my Christmas blogging adventure!


To make sure you never miss a post make sure you follow me on social media and/or bloglovin’, links below.


Steph

1 comments:

  1. Good Luck with getting your posts done. I totally agree that blogging should only be done when it's fun. I'm attempting Blogmas this year as I failed last year and wanted to prove to myslef that I can do it. =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete