Monday 14 December 2015

My top 15 Christmas Songs | Blogmas day 2


Welcome to my 2nd day of the Twelve Days of Blogmas!

 

Today I'm going to do a post about my top fifteen christmas songs, in no particular order.
I just love Christmas music, you listen to it every year during all the excitement in the build up to Christmas so it therefore acts as a powerful tool of nostalgia. Every song can take you back to a time and place, and as you get older and (dare I say it) the magic of Christmas slightly dims, you are taken back to a previous Christmas that holds very precious memories.
As I lived away for three years for University I had a long journey home either by train or car which meant I would always create a playlist filled with Christmas goodies to fill my time traveling. Although this year I am at home, I still am listening to every song I possibly can.
So find below 15 of my favorite Christmas songs, and don't forget to let me know your favorites and tell me if you think I have missed any.

1. Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You
Probably my top Christmas song of all time. Perfect to belt out when your on your own in the car, we can all be diva's after all haha!

2. Michael Bublé - Its Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
The first Christmas song everyone should hear each year.

3. Kelly Clarkson - I'll Be Home for Christmas
Such a beautiful rendition of an absolute classic.

4. Wham! - Last Christmas
I remember singing this to the retirement home when I was in primary school, yes that actually happened.

5. The Pogues ft. Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York
Almost an anti-Christmas song, but perfect nonetheless.

6. Frank Sinatra - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
Because we are all preying for snow this year.

7. Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday
This song was the first song on a childs Christmas compilation so its fair to say I know every word and every beat.

8. Chris Rea - Driving Home For Chrismas
A must if you are actually driving home for Christmas.

9. The Darkness - Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)
Without a doubt the rudest song on this list, endless chuckles as a child!

10. Sam Smith - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Simply beautful, well done Sam!

11. John Lennon - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
A classic, makes you think of those who aren't going to be able to enjoy this Christmas.

12. Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime
Again an absolute classic.

13. Bing Crosby - White Christmas
How could anyone have a list of Christmas songs and NOT have this one, like seriously.

14. The Muppet Christmas Carol - One More Sleep 'Til Christmas
Hehe! Yes the muppets. As a family we watch this every year. Not always on Christmas Eve so we have to cram just exactly how many days left 'til Christmas there is, yes we were cool kids.

15. Idina Menzel Duet with Michael Bublé - Baby It's Cold Outside
Just love this song and Bublé and Idina in one song = perfection.




post signature

Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment